- A research-led Programme taught entirely in English
JEMES is a unique opportunity to experience European business and industry cultures by being integrated in applied research works in close connection with leading companies.
- A Superior Qualification and Competences' oriented Programme
JEMES provides you with much-demanded qualifications and competences.
After graduation you will have acquired an outstanding Qualification Profile:
- Profound subject based competences in Environmental Studies
- Research skills and capacity for independent analysis and synthesis
- Strong aptitude to work in an interdisciplinary, multicultural team
- Advanced capability to apply knowledge in practice
- Fluency in English and working knowledge in two more European languages
- Two main orientations
JEMES integrates two different scientific orientations (streams):
- Stream 1 is more oriented towards Technology (Environmental Technology Engineering)
- Stream 2 is more oriented towards Social Science / Management (Environmental Management Engineering).
You will be exposed to a range of demanding learning experiences. In addition to fundamental subjects, you may choose among a large number of elective options.
- Lecture periods at the partner institutions
1st September to 31st January for the 1st and 3rd semester, and 1st February to 30th June for the 2nd and 4th semester
Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg
20 Oct. to 15 Feb. – 01 April to 15 July
Universidade de Aveiro
15 Sep. to 19 Dec. – 09 Feb. to 05 June
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
21 Sept. to 12 Feb. – 15 Feb. to 15 July
Exam periods usually (but not always) follow immediately after the end of lecture periods.
- Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Aalborg Universitet
- Universidade de Aveiro